CLEAN BIO FUEL FOR ALL COALITION
We campaign for the importance of clean energy, not damaging the environment and providing justice for the community
ABOUT BIO FUEL
Bio fuels are fuels that are sourced from vegetable elements (plants). In Indonesia, there are many sources of oil palm. The goal is to replace fossil fuels that are not environmentally friendly.
Government of Indonesia Program B-20 Towards B-30
B-20 Program is a government program that requires the mixing of 20% palm oil with 80% diesel fuel.
This program will be implemented in 2016, then January 2020 will enter B-30 program.
The development and production of biofuels in Indonesia often intersect with environmental problems, intersect with the rights of indigenous peoples and farmers, land use change, also burning forests.
BREACHED INDICATED COMPANIES
NDPE (No Deforestation, No Peat, No Exploitation)
NDPE (No Deforestation, No Peat, No Exploitation) is a policy that must be carried out by companies (producers, suppliers and buyers) of palm oil to realize sustainable business and community welfare.
- Not doing forest destruction.
- Does not burn land and prevent fires.
- Progressively reducing greenhouse emissions.
- Does not damage animal and plant habitats, especially protected and endangered species.
- Possess legal business documents such as AMDAL / UKL-UPL / RKL-RPL, HGU certificate.
NO DEVELOPMENT ON PEAT
- Do not open peat land at any depth.
- Conduct good land management practices for those already operating on peat lands.
- Carry out peat restoration.
NO EXPLOITATION ON PEOPLE AND LOCAL COMMUNITIES
- Does not violate land rights according to law and customary rights.
- Does not violate land acquisition processes and procedures.
- Do not violate partnership procedures and schemes.
- Recognize and respect the rights of permanent and daily workers.
- Overcome complaints and conflicts through transparent and consultative open schemes.